How quickly can I expect to receive money while I am off work?

Under workers' compensation, you are entitled to up to two-thirds of your salary while off work. The checks are paid either weekly or bi-weekly, and payments are typically issued once the insurance carrier receives disability slips from the doctor. However, if the insurance company chooses to deny the claim or does not believe you should be off work, it may refuse payment. Should this occur we will promptly file for a hearing to resolve the issue.

Most governmental employees are entitled to accident leave (or A-time) while off work which pays anywhere between two-thirds to your full salary depending on the agency. These payments come directly from the employer in a regular paycheck rather than from an insurance company. In order to receive accident leave, it is required that the injured worker see the employer's doctor (i.e. Mercy PSI, Concentra) for a duty status determination.